Some useful information for your arrival on Race Day:
1. Holsworthy can be found 19.7 miles from Okehampton, 13.9 miles from Launceston and 9.9 miles from Bude at the junction of the A388 and A3072. Parking is available in Manor Car Park.
2. Registration will take place in Holsworthy Information Centre situated in Manor Car Park (EX22 6DJ) from 8.00 am. Race numbers and luggage labels will be given to you when you register. No one will be accepted into the race without a race number. Basic changing facilities and Toilets will be available here.
3. Please tie the luggage label to your bag and deposit onto the luggage vehicle. It will get to the finish before you do!!
4. The race will start at 10:30 am on the A3072, near the Coles Mill junction. The gathering area will be in Manor Car Park until call to make your way to the start. Please do not congregate on the road until instructed to by the Race Director.
5. A motorcycle will precede the race.
6. You will be running WITH the traffic throughout the race. All the road signs will be to this effect. Please do not run against the traffic at any time.
7. It is also advisable to run single file. We also recommend that competitors do not use earphones to ensure they can hear traffic at all times.
8. Marshals will be placed at various points on the course and specifically at the two points that you will need to cross junctions. You must do as instructed by the marshals at these points.
9. Water will be available at approx. 2-mile intervals and at the end of the race. Take water at every available opportunity. If you are thirsty, it is too late!
10. You will be given your T-shirt just after you have crossed the line at Hatherleigh Community Centre. Once you have finished, you will be directed to the Community Centre where showers will be available. Luggage bags can be collected from here. You will need your race number to collect any left luggage. The Community Centre will be the pick-up point for the return coach to Holsworthy.
11. There is ample parking in Hatherleigh and the finish is only a short walk from the car park.
12. The awards ceremony will be at 1.00 pm in Hatherleigh Community Centre. Prizes are awarded to the first 3 Males and Females, and to the 1st Male and Female Ruby Country Local Runners and Age Category Winners.
13. FIRST AID: This will be provided by the Red Cross. A doctor and nurse will also be in attendance at the end of the race. If you have a medical condition, please write this on the reverse of your number and make this known at registration. Please do not run if you feel unwell!
14. Results will be posted on the Ruby Run web site, www.rubyrun.co.uk .
15. Sponsor money should be sent to Rotary Club of Hatherleigh. Contact us at: www.rotary-ribi.org/clubs/contact.php?ClubID=1800
The event incorporates walkers as well, so please be cautious when overtaking them.
Walkers are requested to start by 9.30, if they wish to take advantage of the course marshals.
Relay Team Instructions:
1. Each team will comprise of 6 runners. Each runner will run a 2 mile leg, with the last runner running from the 10 mile mark to the end. Teams MUST pre register.
2. Team members must be over the age of 13 years old. This relay is run on roads that are not closed to traffic and clubs/teams should make all of it’s runners (of all ages) aware of the dangers of this. Adults running with younger team members is fully acceptable to the race organisers.
3. The start runner will start 15 minutes after the main race. The rest of the team will need to be placed on each relay take-over point in good time for the projected handover time.
4. It is the teams responsibility to drop-off and collect it’s runners. DO NOT PARK AT THE RELAY HANDOVER POINTS, AS THIS WILL CAUSE A RISK TO BOTH RUNNERS AND TRAFFIC.
5. Each member of the team will hand over to their next runner by handing over a batton.
6. Many of the relays handover points are not exactly at 2 mile intervals for health and safety reasons. Please look for the handover signs, not the mile markers. There will be a marshal at each handover point.
7. Whilst your are waiting for your team mate to arrive, and when you have finished your leg and are awaiting collection, please wait on the verge, well away from the road.
8. There will be a minibus following the main race picking up the injured, etc.
9. When you are picking up runners, please be mindful of traffic and runners ahead of and behind you.
COACH TIMES: From Hatherleigh Community Centre to Start: 8.30 and 9.00am. From Hatherleigh Community Centre back to Holsworthy: 1.30pm. and 2.00
We hope you all have an injury-free and enjoyable run!